Questions and Answers
Can the support pedestals be used with 4" wide joists?
Yes - with the 1836, 2442, 3560 & 4166 pedestals the joist will overlap by about 1" on one side and we recommend placing the supports alternately from the left and right sides of the joists.
StrataRise. 04 June 2020
- Are the 1836 & 3560 pedestals self-levelling? I have a slightly uneven patio we want to deck flat.
- The pavement I’m building deck on is at a slight angle. Can these be used still?
- Are these suitable for use on compacted stone?
- Can these be used directly on the ground to support joists off the ground?
- Can these be cut to use on the side and corners of a frame so you can’t see it?
- How many would I need for a 13' x 10' 6" (4m by 3.5m) deck using 6" x 2" joists?
- Will these crack in freezing conditions?
- I am building a 10' square metal shed on flat concrete base using 2" x 6" joists and 2" x 6" beams across the joists. Are 4 pedestals/joist enough?
- Can these be used for a 24' x 14' (7.2 x 4.2m) sips garden studio?
- Will these support a timber frame for a 8' x 16' (2.5m x 5m) log cabin?
- Can I use two 100mm extenders on a 3560 pedestal? 2. Can I use a 50 + 100mm ext on a 3560?